[rrd-users] Can this kind of chart be drawn with RRDTool ?

A Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Fri Feb 12 00:51:10 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 08:27:51PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I'd like to draw something like this:
> http://i46.tinypic.com/5bd3et.png
>
> Pretty much, it's a solar power chart ; the backround would show the
> ephemeris of the Sun ; dark when it's night time, gradually lighter
> and then a different colour.. Pretty much using gradients.
> The grid would be drawn on top of it...

I don't know how to do that exactly (grid on top especially), but you
could do an AREA graph with the color you want from bottom to top, and
then give it some transparency so the grid shows through.

You could even draw the sun by creating a hemispherical data set and
graphing that in AREA with yellow.

--
Darren