[rrd-users] Storing Static + Dynamic data in rrd

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 25 15:04:43 CET 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 7:50 AM, Shameem Ahamed wrote:

> Ok,
>
> In that case, how can i add a static data in rrd(Here username).
>
> As far as i know, rrdcreate is expecting data as given below
>
> DS:ds-name:DST:dst arguments
>
> How can i add a fixed data (user name) as a DS ?.

It seems to me that you're trying to fit rrdtool to a purpose that it wasn't really meant for. IMHO, you're going to be *much* better off storing this information in a normal database and using a graphing tool (such a flot) to graph it. I've done this exact thing and don't see RRDTool as a particularly valid solution to the problem at hand.

--
Marc