[rrd-users] Not good quality of images in last version of RRDTOOL

yvoictra egomezm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:46:06 CET 2010

I have recently installed rrdtool in a new server because we need to migrate
some graphs from an old server to a new one.

The version of rrdtool in the old server (SUSE 9.1 i586) is:

RRDtool 1.0.46  Copyright 1997-2001 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>

The version of rrdtool in the new server (SUSE 10.1 i586) is:

RRDtool 1.4.2  Copyright 1997-2009 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
               Compiled Feb 16 2010 21:55:17

After install rrdtool in the new server from source (using this procedure:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdbuild.en.html) I finally make rrdtool
works. The problem I have is that the images generated are different (in my
opinion they lose quality). In the version installed in the old server
aparently the images are smoother...

well, it's better you to see with your eyes what I am trying to explain:

example image in rrdtool 1.046 (old server) -> http://bit.ly/9Hxe8G
example image in rrdtool 1.4.2 (new server) -> http://bit.ly/a6AsdH

What I believe is that in the install process maybe I did anything wrong
that generates this fault in the image in new server....

When I execute rrdtool I don't get any warning... Do you have any idea where
can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!