[rrd-users] rrdtool

Andreas Maus A.Maus at science-computing.de
Wed Jan 27 14:42:36 CET 2010

Hi.

No you can't import RRD files into Excel ;)

But you may write a shell script that generates
CSV files (e.g. from rrdtool fetch) and import the
generatet CSV files into Excel.

HTH,

Andreas.

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 27, 2010, at 7:04 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>>> I understand that the first column is time since Jan 01,1970 and the
>>> second column is the value. When i copy 1.8796133337e+09 in excel
>>> sheet, I get weird values, Actually it should be some readable
>>> interger value about memory usage on a particular host.
>> It's in a standard scientific notation.
>>
>> 1.8796133337e+09 = 1879613333.7 =~ 1.75 GB, assuming input was in bytes.
>>
>> I'm not really an Excel user but I think all you need to do is make sure the cell type is 'number'.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I have 200 hosts monitored by collectd, can i import it directly in
> the excel sheet format, Basically I am collecting average mem usage
> and cpu usage for 200 servers for a period of 1 week and 1 month using
> rrd file.
>
> Is there a better way to do it ?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kaushal

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73
tel.: +49 7071 9457 671             72070 Tuebingen, Germany
fax: +49 7071 9457 411              www.science-computing.de
--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,