[rrd-users] rrdtool

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 13:50:06 CET 2010

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

>When i ran the command rrdtool fetch memory-used.rrd AVERAGE -s
>20091226 -e 20100127, surprisingly I see the below
>
>1261822450: 2.0091517260e+09
>1261848800: 2.0094235151e+09
>1261875150: 2.0092428185e+09
>1261901500: 2.0092623233e+09
>1261927850: 2.0097005365e+09
>1261954200: 2.0096478006e+09
>1261980550: 2.0089728907e+09
>1262006900: 2.0465407797e+09
>1262033250: 2.0521587212e+09
>
>resulting to 274 entries.
>
>I had just requested for 30 days which is what i was looking for.
>
>Am i missing something ?

I'd suggest reading the man page and online docs.

You'll need to specify the resolution you want as well as the
timescale. If there is more than on RRA that covers the timescale
you've specified, you may well ned to explicitly specify the
resolution you need in order to get the right one.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...