[rrd-users] help needed with trendlines on graphs

Tim Ungless tim.ungless at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 2 20:58:25 CEST 2010

Hi

I'm storing free disk space results in an RRD database and graphing it which works fine.  I've recently been playing with getting it to draw trend lines from that data, putting the trend line from 1 month ago, 3 months ago and 6 months ago on the same graph.  I've also made it GPRINT underneath when the trend hits zero.  I have an issue someone more experienced may be able to help with.

Unless I set the -e end time on the graph to a time past when the trend hits zero, it can't work out the date, and the date is written as 1 jan 1970 00:00.  The trend could also be going up and never hit zero.

Is there a way of making it not write a date (or write something else) if the trend line doesn't hit zero on the drawn graph?, or a way of making it work out the hit zero date if that is off the graph?