[rrd-users] extract command line options used to create an RRD file

a.smith at ukgrid.net a.smith at ukgrid.net
Mon Jul 5 17:45:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

   I have written a script to export to file the creation info as per
"Smokeping::RRDtools::info2create($file)" but when I read the data
back in I get an error, something like:
can't parse argument 'SCALAR(0x800f368d0)'
The variable being passed to RRDs::create is ARRAY(0x800f740d8).

I have also tested this putting the argument in hard coded to the RRD
create, like:

RRDs::create('/tmp/database.rrd', "ARRAY(0x800f740d8)");

Gives same error as above.

or

RRDs::create('/tmp/database.rrd', @"ARRAY(0x800f740d8)");

Gives some nasty perl errors, Im a bit confused by the syntax that
does work actually. From the example in the RRDs module, it uses
@$create. I dont use perl much, but that seems a strange one. Anyone
help me out?

thanks Andy.