[rrd-users] Fetch a particular data source with rrdtool

Landon Stewart lstewart at superb.net
Thu Jul 8 08:51:04 CEST 2010

Hi Sanjit,

I am successfully using the perl module RRDTool::OO for this purpose.
 Something like the following would print values between the two time stamps
given on the command line as parameters:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use RRDTool::OO;
$rrd = RRDTool::OO->new( file => "rrdfile.rrd" );
$rrd->fetch_start(
        start => @ARGV[0],
        end   => @ARGV[1],
        resolution => "300",
        cfunc => "MAX"
        );
$rrd->fetch_skip_undef();
while(my($time, @value) = $rrd->fetch_next()) {
  print "$time:",sprintf("%.2f", $value[0]),"\n" if $value[0];
  print "$time:",sprintf("%.2f", $value[1]),"\n" if $value[1];
}