[rrd-users] RRD, total value an possible solution, should be graph area?

Francesco Andreozzi francesco.andreozzi at gamestorm.it
Thu Jul 8 19:09:20 CEST 2010

Hi list,
I've a simple question, i hope :D

im using rrd to collect data from an irradiation sensors
graph result can be see here
http://85.94.200.242/e_m341_o1253_ieri_v2.png

i would like to made a computation of the total amount of watt on a
specific time range, basically on all the day.

My question is.. i collect watt/m2 every 5 minutes, can i
compute/produce  kWh/m2/day. ?

i think can be considering as graph area, this is correct ?

there is a way to do it automatically with rrdtool ?

FYI
i crate a simple rrd with this create command

rrdtool create $RRDNAME --start $TIME_START --step 300 \
         DS:$RRDOBJ:GAUGE:$ERRTIME:U:U \
         RRA:MIN:0.5:1:1051200 \
         RRA:MAX:0.5:1:1051200 \
         RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1051200

values coming with $ because rrds are made from scripts ;)

Thankyou for all help you can give me  :)
ciao Francesco

--
----
Francesco Andreozzi