[rrd-users] Can CDEF fix a derive counter direction (up instead of down)?

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Tue Jul 20 02:05:28 CEST 2010

I screwed up an miswired my power monitor for my microwave.

As a result, my DERIVE 64bit kwh counter has been going down for a while.

http://graphs.merlins.org/graphs/g.php?action=zoom&local_graph_id=79&rra_id=3&view_type=

I have:
DS:Microwave:DERIVE:600:-1000000000:100000000

If this were a gauge, I could easily use a CDEF to flip the sign, but here I
would like to make a negative delta be a positive delta in the places where
it happened so that my graph spikes point up and not down Is that possible
at all?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/