[rrd-users] question about formatting numbers

Joel Brooks jbrooks at oddelement.com
Sat Jul 31 17:03:13 CEST 2010

hi gang,

I'm trying to format a number from an rrd file for a graph.  the graph shows
queued messages on an email server.  I'd like to format the value that is
being graphed in the legend.  the numbers are in the 10's of 1000's (like
say 30,000).

using the format options, I can get it to either display the full value
(e.g. 31245), or a rounded up number (e.g. 31K).  What I'd like to display
is the full value but with commas (e.g. 31,245).

is that possible?  I can't figure it out.

thanks,