[rrd-users] Need old PDP's

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 19:53:56 CEST 2010

Joshua Keroes wrote:
>Sorry, when I say "PDP's", I really mean "highest resolution data";
>that is, if I'm pushing values onto the RRD every five minutes, I
>want those values back, not the 30 minute averages/maxes, and
>certainly not the 1 day averages/maxes.
>
>Does that make more sense?

Not really, you can push data as often as you like, the only input
data kept is that required to produce the consolidated data.

IF and ONLY if you had a consolidation that kept 5 minute
consolidated values, then yes, you can read that data out of an old
RRD. AFAIK, you do not have to change the system time, but you must
NOT perform any updates - that would instantly 'age out' the older
data.

On the other hand, if your highest resolution consolidation was (say)
30 minutes, then there would NOT be any 5 minute samples stored, non
at all.

--
Simon Hobson