[rrd-users] plot question: cpu utilization, 60-80% yellow, 80-100% red

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Sat Jun 26 13:04:47 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Parvu" <stefanparvu14 at yahoo.com>
To: <rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [rrd-users] plot question: cpu utilization, 60-80%
yellow,80-100% red

> On 13:05 Sat 26 Jun     , Stefan Parvu wrote:
>> >
>> > If you want to color the data itself, see the tutorial. Look for
>> > overspeed.
>> > If you want to color the background, just paint an area, stack an area
>> > and
>> > stack another one.
>>
>> just the background. Like warning zones,ranges for the plot
>> which should always be 60-80% and 80-100%.
>
> And probable here I need to use a CDEF for first range and another
> one for the second one, right ?

I think you can
AREA:60
AREA:20#fffc00::STACK
AREA:20#f00::STACK

find nicer colors, softer, probably with an alpha part as well, e.g. #F004
for red.

The first area is invisible, just creates a platform for the next one.
Then stack 20 high in yellow, then 20 in red.

And also see the tutorial for this. I think there's an example of this in it
as well, although it doesn't use the newer features like using fixed amounts
instead of (C)DEFs.