[rrd-users] how to stop plotting a particular data in graph dynamically

shubham k skaushal.lk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:19:52 CET 2010

Hi,

I am new to RRD tool. Currently I am plotting different data on a single
line graph using different colors. I am doing the following thing:

1. data1 corresponds to Red Line (say line1 easy to connect to data1)
2. data2 corresponds to Green Line (say line2 easy to connect to data2)
3. data3 corresponds to Blue Line (say line3 easy to connect to data3)

Now on html if data1, data2, data3 are checked then plot all 3 lines line
1,2,3. But after sometime if user unchecked on data say data2 then I want to
stop plotting the line2 from that instance. How I can stop plotting the
line2 in rrd graph for data2?

How to go about it? I am using ruby, rrdtool and html.

Any suggestions or pointers is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shubham