[rrd-users] merging 2 data sets onto 1 graph

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Mar 29 07:34:08 CEST 2010

Hi Max,

Yesterday Mag Gam wrote:

> Newbie to rrdtool so I have been following this nic tutorial:
> http://ds9a.nl/rrd-mini-howto/cvs/rrd-mini-howto/output/rrd-mini-howto.html#toc1
>
> I have data like this:
>
> on.csv
> 1269829313,5
> 1269829314,4
> 1269829315,3
> 1269829316,5
> 1269829317,7
> 1269829318,8
> 1269829319,2
> 1269829320,1
> 1269829321,3
>

> off.csv
> 1269829313,10
> 1269829314,14
> 1269829315,20
> 1269829316,20
> 1269829317,20
> 1269829318,20
> 1269829319,14
> 1269829320,15
> 1269829321,17
>

> I would like to merge this data and graph it into 1 graph.
>
> So. here is what I did so far:
> rrdtool create datafile.rrd --step 1 DS:on:ABSOLUTE:900:0:50 ....

depending on wether the data comes from one source (always two
readings) or two independant sources, you should create one rrd
with two DSes or two rrds with one ds each

then in the graph you pull in the two data sources. either from one
rrd or two rrds ... the graphing command is quite flexible in this
regard.

cheers
tobi