[rrd-users] UNSUBSCRIBE

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon May 3 16:39:49 CEST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Monday 03 May 2010 at 10:18 am, Jacobucci, Jill penned
about "Re: [rrd-users] UNSUBSCRIBE"

> How long should one wait for the confirmation email once you ask to
> Unsubscribe?

Hi,

The generation of the e-mail should be relatively quick (say within a
minute).  The sending mail server, depending on load, may take some
time to send it.  In my experience (not with this mail server), it's
usually within five minutes; typically instantaneous.

Your ISP's mail server may be another story.  If it's Exchange, I've
seen Exchange take 30-60 minutes; and I've also seen it behave
nicely.

And of course if on your end, the e-mail is mis-classified as `spam',
that's a separate issue.

Phew!  I'm sure I missed some steps but you get the idea ...

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)