[rrd-users] "Binary" graphs out of NagiosGraph

Daniel MacKay daniel at bonmot.ca
Mon May 3 17:18:50 CEST 2010

Ahahah good luck with the unsubscribes there, guys.

Does anyone have any suggestion about where I should look for the problem behind these "square" shape graphs?

Here's the data that produced it:

http://bonmot.ca/~daniel/tmp/oas_log___oas_log.rrd
http://bonmot.ca/~daniel/tmp/oas_log___oas_log.xml

... and here's the command I used on it:

rrdtool graph test.png DEF:permin=/usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/rrd/app07/oas_log___oas_log.rrd:permin:AVERAGE 'LINE:permin#ff0000:Per Minute'

...  and here's the resulting graph:

http://gyazo.com/6e4a0ebad7a5e6e0b83753aca8b9533e.png

you can see that it only shows either zero or the maximum value.

Please, any suggestions for hunting for this would be most welcomed.  Here's my version: