[rrd-users] Concurrent access to rrd files

Sanjit Jhala sjhalaz at gmail.com
Fri May 7 03:24:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm writing a C++ application which will update RRD databases via the C API
(librrd)  rrd_update(int, char**). As of now all the updates to the RRDs
will be in a single thread, however I will have another process reading from
the RRD file concurrently. Is this supported or do I need to implement some
external locking mechanism ?

Also, I read a message stating that using the C API is equivalent to
launching the RRDtool command line tool, is this accurate? If so, is there a
more efficient way to update 100's of RRD files like maybe launching the
command line tool once and directing it to process batched updates from a
file.

Thanks,
Sanjit