[rrd-users] Consolidated Funaction

Matt Chung itsmemattchung at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:26:17 CEST 2010

Hey Ahamad,
Presumably, if I understand correctly, you would like to retrieve the
maximum value of each individual datasource and represent it graphically
correct?

If so, the first thing you would need to do is to define your data
definitions when using rrdtool graph:
DEF:datasource1=myrrd.rrd:DS1:MAXIMUM
DEF:datasource2=myrrd.rrd:DS2:MAXIMUM
DEF:datasource3=myrrd.rrd:DS3:MAXIMUM

Then, in order to extract the maximum for the datasources respectively, you
could use VDEF:
VDEF:maxdatasource1=datasource1:MAXIMUM
VDEF:maxdatasource2=datasource2:MAXIMUM
VDEF:maxdatasource2=datasource2:MAXIMUM

You can use those VDEFs as variables in other calculations if you would like
as well, or simply output those values on the graph.
I hope this helps,
Matt Chung