[rrd-users] Get DS:MAX without MAX RRA

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 3 09:17:52 CET 2010

Why not do it in two steps?

First, make a call to RRDs::fetch to obtain the min and max values of the value you want to graph over the time period in question.
Second, use these values to calculate a round number to use as min/max.
Third, use your preferred temperature min/max to calculate an appropriate scaleshift for the humidity; if the temp is from A to B, then set scaleshift for the second axis to (100/(B-A)):-A and have the second value display as (X/100*(B-A)+A)

This should achieve what you want.  Of course, you cant do it from rrdcgi, but if you're generating the graph programmatically from the libraries it shouldnt be a problem.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead