[rrd-users] Update multiple .rrd files

jaybed jamie.bedford at computershare.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 17:55:03 CET 2010

Hi

I managed to do what I needed using the "for" command. I saved all "traffic"
rrd file names to a text file. I then split that off into smaller text files
as I didn't want to do a huge rrd update. I then used the echo command to
just output the commands it would run to the screen as shown

for /f %a in (pavscore.txt) do @echo rrdtool tune %a --maximum
traffic_in:1000000000 --maximum traffic_out:1000000000

rrdtool tune pavclientcr-s48si-1_traffic_in_712.rrd --maximum
traffic_in:1000000
000 --maximum traffic_out:1000000000

I then run the command properly as shown

for /f %a in (pavscore.txt) do @rrdtool tune %a --maximum
traffic_in:1000000000 --maximum traffic_out:1000000000

This worked a treat and I have been able to update all my traffic DS to use
the new maximum value. Thanks for your responses. Hope this may help someone
else on Windows in the future.

Cheers

Jay