[rrd-users] RRA's for a Month

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Nov 7 20:10:07 CET 2010

I do something very similar to this with MRTG and Routers2 using the rrd-archive utility (only really useful for MRTG/RRD so probably not for you).

I'm also working on a patch to rrdtool 1.4.4-trunk  that allows rrdcached to be 'quiesced' temporarily --send it a pause command and a subsequent unpause -- for backup/archive purposes.  Its working in test at the moment but I've not pushed it into prod here or submitted the patch to Tobi yet.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead