[rrd-users] loading old data

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 18 09:37:09 CET 2010

As long as the data are organised in regular time intervals, then you could load this into an RRD file by createing an RRD ending on the earliest available data time, and then sequentially adding the values to the RRD file until finished.

You would need to consider the lengths of RRAs you require depending on how much detail you need to retain and how much can be rolled up into averages.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead