[rrd-users] "rrdtool: can't resolve symbol 'posix_fadvise'" What does this mean?

Martin flottkoppen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 17:19:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm setting up 1-wire net to log different temperature sensors.
I have a Seagate Dockstar running OpenWrt, OWFS and RRDTool.
My sensors work fine but I have problem with RRDTool.
I have no idea what "rrdtool: can't resolve symbol 'posix_fadvise'" mean,
can someone give me a hint where to start looking?

---
root at OpenWrt:~/root/bin# ./show_temp.sh
rrdtool: can't resolve symbol 'posix_fadvise'
18.22
---
root at OpenWrt:~/root/rrddata# rrdtool fetch temp.rrd AVERAGE -s -1h
rrdtool: can't resolve symbol 'posix_fadvise'
---

I have installed the following packages:
collectd-mod-rrdtool Version: 4.9.1-3
librrd Version: 1.2.30-1
rrdcgi Version: 1.2.30-1
rrdcollect Version: 0.2.4-1