[rrd-users] couple of questions

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Wed Sep 8 22:26:02 CEST 2010

Thanks Simon.

I'm not yet very familiar with rrdtool, but could I read out data
values for an arbitrary period between time1 and time2 and add up the
values to come up with accumulated?

I was thinking of a page where I could choose the dates and then have
a graph drawn for those dates, including the accumulated values as
well.

>I would like to also display an accumulated counter (say total
>bandwidth for the month), how would I do that on the graph and on
>the rrd table?

By calendar month, or by period ? I've just added that to some of
my
graphs. While the script if parsing options and setting variables
(specifically end and start times), I also set a variable for the
accumulator period* I have separate CDEFs etc that will get the
average for that period, multiply by the accumulator period (eg
86400
for 24 hours), and then display the result.