[rrd-users] RRD::update failing on first update every time?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Sep 16 06:52:28 CEST 2010

On Aug 16, 2010, at 12:10 PM, A Darren Dunham wrote:
> And why are you not just using the simpler one-liner below?
>
>        my $found = RRDs::latest ($filename );

Let's start with the simple answer:

Can't locate auto/RRDs/latest.al in @INC at ./show-rrd-problem.pl line 41

Assuming you meant RRDs::last(), because it returns an irrelevant number.  Try it.  You'll find yourself missing every other few updates because ::last() returns the last update time of the file, and not the last timestamp value stored in the file.

--
Jo Rhett