[rrd-users] step period, start and end

A Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Wed Sep 22 18:39:57 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:18:11PM -0600, Justin Carroll wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am using GAUGE because I am looking for total water accumulation.  I am
> also using COUNTER to collect the data and display the rate.

It's not what you're looking for, but as an option you can just sum the
area under the graph (and between arbitrary start and end points).  That
is your total accumulation, which should be equivalent to the MAX you're
looking for.

Maybe you shouldn't try to pull it out of this data set.  It may make
more sense to create another RRA that you just put your daily totals
into.  Just give it a heartbeat of a couple of days and put in one point
a day.  Then it's a lot easier to deal with the data that you really
want instead of trying to get a MAX over a whole bunch of other data.

--
Darren