[rrd-users] weird behaviour of rrd graph

Roland Kletzing devzero at web.de
Wed Sep 29 22:00:13 CEST 2010

Hello,

thanks for the hints!

> yes, that is the 'old' solution ... and it does work. but since
> rrdtool is not even looking at coverage at the future end of the
> range this does not matter any more ...

that refers to actual versions of rrdtool!?
unfortunately i`m locked to 1.2.23 , as i don`t have a clue how to get
a more recent version for that platform. maybe i can update to 1.2.30
by switching to more recent openWRT build.  (which is embedded linux
for routers). Would that help,too?

Anyway, regarding the modulo trick - i`m not sure if i got that right

You mean like this ?

export now=$(( `date +"%s"` - $((`date +"%s"` % 21600)) ))
rrdtool .... --start end-1y  --end $now ....

(i`m using busybox date, where date +"%s" means seconds since epoch.)

regards
Roland