[rrd-users] Can't get a graph

Koenraad Lelong rrd-tool2 at de-brouwerij.be
Thu Sep 30 12:45:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

On one PC I run rrdtool v1.2.9. I can graph my data the way I like it.
I want to migrate to a newer OS which has rrdtool v1.3.8. I dumped the
rrd on the old installation and I restored on the new installation on a
different PC. Then I ran the same command as the old installation to get
a graph, but I get an empty image, i.e. there is no data. Rulers, text,
etc. are OK. On the old installation I get a nice image.
What am I doing wrong ?

I hope anyone can help.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.

P.S. This is the command I used to graph a test-image :
rrdtool graph test.png --start -13h24m50s --end +10h59m59s --width 550
--height 150 DEF:Power=pv_monitor.rrd:PAC:MAX LINE1:Power#FF0000: -u
3000 -v Watt -t hallo
This should give a graph from past midnight to approx. next midnight
(the real app. is more exact with the numbers).
I tried to include a compressed dump of the rrd, and a good and a bad
image, but then the mail is too big. Can I post those in separate mails ?
P.P.S. The working installation is running on 64bit linux, the
(temporary) new installation is running on 32bit Linux. I imagine this
should not make a difference, since I use the dump. Right ?

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.