[rrd-users] [unsure] Re: Things not adding up

Long long_at_work at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 8 19:58:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the double post, my original post didn't go through I think.

Excellent explanation why max(A) + max(B) is not equal to max(A+B) !

I am using the CDEF SIMILAR_DATA_SOURCES_NODUPS and I do the get behavior
"max(A) + max(B) is not equal to max(A+B)".

I also get avg(A) + avg(B) is not equal to avg(A+B). Can someone explain
this too?

Also, last(A) + last(B) is equal to last(A+B) for me. Will this always hold
or I am just lucky that things add up nicely for me just for this case?

The sources data-source (A and B) that I am trying to consolidate with
SIMILAR_DATA_SOURCES_NODUPS uses AVERAGE CF.

Thanks,
Long