[rrd-users] Can rrd data be stored in key-value store, such as BDB?

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 16:39:04 CEST 2011

in a way an rrd is a 3 dimensional database:

For any given value you specify:
1. Ds (data store), for example InOctet or OutOctet
2. Time / date
3. Resolution for example hourly data, daily data (typically rrd
figures this out for you).

Highly recommend reading the docs including the tutorial.

IMHO the best place to implement rrd is for time series data. Rrd's
strength first and formost is it's ability to work with time series
data.

It's wonderful rpn(math) and graphing are just icing on the cake.

David

--
Sent from my mobile device