[rrd-users] ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture

C. Falconer cfalconer at totalteam.co.nz
Mon Apr 11 22:36:31 CEST 2011

Joe Loiacono wrote, On 04/12/2011 08:28 AM:
> Forgive me if this has been brought up before.

Many times

> Is there a way to convert 32-bit RRD files to 64-bit? (I'm assuming that
> is what I'm dealing with.)

Convert 32bit RRD to 64bit RRD
Moving cacti between architectures

While migrating cacti over to a new virtual machine I got
    ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture
in /var/log/httpd/error_log when the crontab ran resulting in blank graphs.

On the 32 bit machine in /var/www/cacti/rra/ run

         pushd /var/www/html/cacti/rra
         for i in `ls *.rrd`; do rrdtool dump $i > $i.xml; done
         popd

On the new 64 bit machine

         pushd /var/www/html/cacti/rra
         scp oldbox:/var/www/html/cacti/rra/*.xml .
         for i in `ls *.xml`; do rrdtool restore $i `echo $i | sed
s/.xml//g`; done
         popd

--
Craig Falconer
   The Total Team - Secure Networks for Serious Business
   Email: workorder at totalteam.co.nz
   Web: http://www.totalteam.co.nz/