[rrd-users] Any users of RRDCache.pm from UW?
jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Apr 12 23:27:23 CEST 2011
From the following page we found some solutions to certain problems we were seeing. http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~dwcarder/rrdcache/
This one host is using an older version of RRDtool with little chance for upgrade due to obsolete host OS, so this seemed appealing. However playing with the module has found it quite immature ... print() statements inside the library, plus a number of fairly obvious bugs due to fixing a specific problem for one application and not for all.
Issues I've found so far:
1. If the application is short lived, tmp files are never renamed and thus never used. It only works as implemented for long-running applications.
2. If the application saves data with "N" for the timestamp, all updates are applied with the same timestamp.
3. Not all functions from RRDs.pm implemented
4. print() calls in the library routines
5. error() function commented out
I'm sure there are more. Is anyone else using this in the wild? Want to collaborate on fixes?
Net Consonance : consonant endings by net philanthropy, open source and other randomness
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rrd-users