[rrd-users] Update not working

ArtOfLosing therry_a at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:41:44 CEST 2011

Hello there,

Ik know everybody has problems with updates not working, but i have been
buzy a few days and i can't get it to work. I have created te following a
RRDtool database:

rrdtool create /root/mde.rrd --step 300 \
DS:kwh1:COUNTER:300:U:U \
RRA:LAST:0:1:2016 \
RRA:LAST:0:3:2921 \
RRA:LAST:0:12:8765 \
RRA:LAST:0:288:1826

With this database i want to add a value every 5 minutes (300 seconds).
I have a cronjob which runs every 5 minutes. It adds a value with the
folling command:

rrdtool update /root/mde.rrd N:20

But if i use RRDtool fetch i only get NaN. So... what am i doing wrong?

Many thanx in advanced.

ArtOfLosing