[rrd-users] minor nit in rrdtutorial(1)

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Fri Apr 22 23:47:43 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Jones" <rick.jones2 at hp.com>
To: "Alex van den Bogaerdt" <alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl>
Cc: <rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [rrd-users] minor nit in rrdtutorial(1)

> OK, perhaps I'm confused - every other example with CDEF and
> multiplication in the tutorial manpage has the '*' escaped or quoted:

You are not confused. It is not intentionally left out, but I've explained
why to escape, I've shown how to escape, and I guess its clear enough 'cause
this minor nit has been in there for many years.

Let's say that it is a useful excercise for those who don't spot it at first
and need to debug that weird CDEF statement which suddenly contains
filenames ;)

cheers,
Alex