[rrd-users] RRDTool 1.4.5 / RRDs.pm

Joshua Keroes joshua at keroes.com
Tue Aug 16 19:48:50 CEST 2011

Things will break if you use a different compiler to build Perl and rrdtool.
`perl -V` will show which compiler you built perl with. Make sure you use
the same compiler and toolchain to build rrdtool.

Tip: ./configure rrdtool to either install into your site_perl or you'll
probably have to include the custom rrdtool perl paths later (e.g. with
`perl -I/path/to/custom/libdir ...` or 'use lib qw[/path/to/custom/libdir];
use RRDs;'.

This command will show where RRDs.pm was found (to ensure you're loading
your RRDs.pm instead of a system one.
perl -MRRDs -le 'print $INC{"RRDs.pm"}'

Good luck,
Joshua