[rrd-users] Getting AVG info from RRD Files

Juvenal Carvalho juniorfc at terra.com.br
Mon Dec 5 19:49:16 CET 2011

Thanks David for share you script.

I've made some adjustments to my data (traffic that I got from the MRTG) and I got this result. If i look at my graph (attached graph_mrtg.GIF), those are not the values.
What am I doing wrong ? Is the PRINT line wrong written ?

[root at mrtg rrd]# /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool graph ~jcarvalho/rrd/AVG.png --width=1000 --height=125 -l 0 \
>             DEF:inbytes=target.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE \
>             DEF:outbytes=target.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE \
>             CDEF:inbits=inbytes,8,* \
>             CDEF:outbits=outbytes,8,* \
>             PRINT:inbits:AVERAGE:"Average IN\: %10.0lf" \
>             PRINT:outbits:AVERAGE:"Average OUT\: %10.0lf" \

0x0
Average IN:       9776
Average OUT:      84365