[rrd-users] counting pellets with rrd

Matthias Lemke m at box.li
Sat Dec 10 09:54:58 CET 2011

Hello,

I connected my eta pellets heating unit via webservices to my home
server. I am interesting in counting the amount of pellets per day (warm
weather days should have low counts of pellets). The unit has a counter
that counts from zero up forever... The unit sends the value in "kg".
normally I have around 15...20 kg / day.
I want to have a graph that shows me the kg/day. So I thought that I can
write one data per day to the rrd. But, after two nights of testing and
testing, I have no idea for the correct rrd setup...

Do You have any hints for that challenge :) ?

I want to have two RRAs:

one vor 400 days, one data per day (kg/day).
second one for kw/weeks for 500 weeks...

thanks in advise

regards

math