[rrd-users] Minor Graph Rendering Issue

Chris Mason chris at noodles.org.uk
Wed Dec 14 17:11:25 CET 2011

Hi,

I have noticed that sometimes when I am graphing data using positive
and negative values to split Inbound and Outbound that the negative
side of the data slightly comes over the 0 line. The following image
shows an example:

http://netnix.org/example.png

I only see this occurring on some graphs, although I am using the same
method to generate them and it is seen more on 1 day graphs then
higher intervals:

DEF:ifInOctets=<RRD>:ifInOctets:MAX
CDEF:ifInOctetsBits=ifInOctets,8,*
CDEF:ifInOctetsBitsN=ifInOctetsBits,-1,*

I have tested this on an rrdtool snapshot from last week and I am
still seeing this.

Is this normal and if not where would you recommend I look to
investigate this problem further?

Thanks,
Chris