[rrd-users] to many "data agregation" transactions at the same time

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Dec 16 16:01:44 CET 2011

Hi Kristoff,

Today Kristoff Bonne wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>

> On 15-12-11 17:14, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > the 'roll up' happens at the same time, no matter what since it is
> > tied to the time of day. BUT the jumping from 1 block to another
> > can differ (write position inside each rra), and since 1.4 (I
> > think) rrdtool is randimizing this at creation time ...
>
> OK, Just to be sure. Upgrading to 1.4 will NOT help my issue. Is that
> correct?

this depends on what your issue is, if your issue is load created
by block transition (as the active location in the rrd file moves
to a new block this usually causes extra data to be read). then
files created on 1.4 will help as their write pointer is randomized
(it will not affect existing files though ... )

if your issue realy is the time when RRAs are updated, then there
is no helping it ...

cheers
tobi