[rrd-users] Getting last RRA update time

Chris Mason chris at noodles.org.uk
Thu Dec 22 10:40:32 CET 2011

Hi,

If I have the following RRAs with a poll interval of 300 seconds:

RRA:MAX:0.5:1:576 - No consolidation for ~2 days
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:672 - 30m CF for ~2 weeks
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:744 - 2h CF for ~2 months
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:732 - 24h CF for ~2 years

Each RRA is going to be filled when there is sufficient data to create
the data point (based on the steps) (i.e. it is going to take 24h to
fill a single data point in the bottom RRA).

Is there anyway to determine, at graph generation the date and time
that the data point was last updated, e.g.

If I have 1.5 days of data then I am going to have partial data in
some of the RRAs - I will have a single data point in the 24h RRA with
1.5 days of data in the first RRA.
I want to be able to display on the graph that the data is up to a
certain point in time so if a higher Maximum occurred in the last .5
days it won't be reflected in the 24h graph.

Does that make sense and any suggestions?

Regards,
Chris