[rrd-users] RRDtool - is there a limit on step?

MS.Prt max.snow at protocomtech.com.au
Sun Feb 6 23:02:59 CET 2011

Hello

I would like to keep track of statistics recorded once every 3 hours, but I
am finding that there is some sort of a limit on the 'step' value of a
database? After trying to put the values in, and dumping the RRD file as
XML, all the values are "NaN" if I use a high step.

This is an example database
http://codepad.org/9YFceGpK

There aren't any errors or anything, it's just that the database does not
seem to keep track of the values that are being inserted into it? It works
fine with smaller numbers like 1, 300, 600, but I need 10800. Am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks.