[rrd-users] Whole numbers.

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 20:06:13 CET 2011

Paul Halliday wrote:

>  > What did you put in ?
>>

>Well, in the snippet, it should be all ones. The results are coming
>from wc -l so it would always be an integer.
>
>~$ cat results | wc -l | tr -d " "
>
>does normalization still occur if the step time is exactly matched?

OK, I'll ask the question again slightly differently, what EXACTLY
did you put in ? Not some waffle about "it would have been integers",
but the ACTUAL update commands used.

But the answer to the last bit is, YES, normalisation is ALWAYS
performed. However, if you feed in updates exactly on every step
boundary (bearing in mind that they are all an integer multiple of
"step" from unix epoch (midnight Jan 1st 1970)) then normalisation is
a null operation.

--
Simon Hobson