[rrd-users] Whole numbers.

Paul Halliday paul.halliday at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:56:46 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Eduardo Bragatto <eduardo at bragatto.com> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2011, at 2:47 PM, Paul Halliday wrote:
>
>> Well, in the snippet, it should be all ones. The results are coming
>> from wc -l so it would always be an integer.
>>
>> ~$ cat results | wc -l | tr -d " "
>>
>> does normalization still occur if the step time is exactly matched?
>
> It should not. Can you show us your rrdupdate call?

My bad. The sky isn't falling.

my call was wrapped in a loop:

int=0

for (( j=1; j<=288; j++ )) do

    let eint=int+300
    stamp=`date -v-${i}d -v0H -v0M -v+${int}S +"%s"`

    rrdtool update $rrd_dir/${rrd_name}.rrd $stamp:`echo $count`
    let int=int+300
done

the date command is starting the seconds from when the script is
called and not from 0, which is what I thought it was doing. :)

Thanks!

--
Paul Halliday
http://www.pintumbler.org