[rrd-users] Question with 1-hour samples

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 19:49:51 CET 2011

Jason wrote:

>Thanks.  Will do.  What do you mean by against the two files?  There is
>only one RRD file.  Two RRAs for either 14 days or 60 days.

OK, it looks like I've overlooked something. You have two
consolidations, both with the same resolution (one hour, or 12x5
minute steps), but different lengths ?
If so, why ?
There is NOTHING you can do with the shorter one that you cannot do
with just the longer one - so all it's doing is costing you storage
space and processing time.
I'm not even sure how you would select which of them to use - other
than trying to graph/extract data longer than 14 days will
automatically use the longer one.

--
Simon Hobson