[rrd-users] Help !

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 11:56:45 CEST 2011

othmane zine wrote:

>Thanks Simon for your help but the problem is that I have an ID
>field in my database and I want to filter them before graphing for
>example I want just to graph data that have an ID= 4, that was my
>question, I hope that I've explained it better this time

First, please keep discussions on-list unless otherwise requested.
It's bad etiquette (and a good way to get ignored) to contact someone
directly and off-list :
1) It assumes they have the time to provide you with personal,
one-to-one, assistance.
2) It assumes no-one else can help.
3) It assumes no-one else (including anyone searching the archives in
the future) could benefit from the assistance given.

Which is nothing whatsoever to do with RRD. That's a simple data problem.
I'm not going to do your coursework for you, but you need to study
the database documentation - and since it's MySQL then you need to
look at the syntax for the "WHERE" clause.

And in fact, you've already given half the answer above - the test
condition is "ID = 4".

--
Simon Hobson