[rrd-users] Timezone error with UTC + local TZ
vakavakajeje at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:11:05 CEST 2011
I had 5 RRD file on 64 bit Linux/Centos:
2 in/out GAUGE type (it's all fine) and 3 with up/down DERIVE RRD files with
time zone problems.
Server in CET time zone, but changed server time to UTC.
Before this all was fine.
RRD version: 1.2.27, not changed, cannot update to new version.
What RRD uses GAUGE type, this 2 file correct:
- correct CET time zone show in last update
- graphs are correct
Summary: all correct after timezone change, nothing changed.
3 RRD files with DERIVE type:
- normally show UTC time in last update, like if now 11 hour, see in 9 hour
because in CET, Central European Timezone is -2 hour UTC because of summer
time zone, normally only 1 hour difference.
- in 24 hour (1 day) graphs in right side of graph 2 hour size is empty.
Summary: I see UTC time, not CET time and at right size of 1 day graph 2
hour is empty.
Workaround for 3 RRD files: i generate graph with: --start=now-93600sec
But last update still show in UTC, I can convert it with date fix.
- Any better solution for that?
- Why this 2 RRD fine, why other 3 RRD are not correct? It's depend on
GAUGE/DERIVE type? I deleted correct RRD and after new generated with UTC
- Try to set TZ before CLI run RRD but noting changed. If I try TZ=CET
date;date - I show correct CET in first, but no effect for RRD; I tried set
TZ with export but still nothing.
View this message in context: http://rrd-mailinglists.937164.n2.nabble.com/Timezone-error-with-UTC-local-TZ-tp6486847p6486847.html
Sent from the RRDtool Users Mailinglist mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the rrd-users