[rrd-users] graph blends into x-axe

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 10:10:04 CEST 2011

Martin T wrote:

>Or does it work in a way that if the
>brown line minimum value is less than -30(for example -30.5 or -31)
>the graph would scale itself automatically?

Yes, if the values went below -30, then the scale would automatically
change to accommodate it.

On a more general note, this is a common problem when graphing widely
differing values. In your case, both datasets seem to have a small
range (8 for temperature, 1 for Rx level), but you are displaying
these on an axis covering over 50.
How to deal with this depends a lot on what your data is. In some
cases you can massage the data for a better fit (eg multiply one set
by 10, or add/subtract an offset).

In your case, it might be worth looking at whether the second Y axis
options might help - see --right-axis in the docs. It's not something
I've used, but if you could shift your RxLevel up by about 40 then
you'd get a much more usable graph.

--
Simon Hobson