[rrd-users] counting errors in rrd

mathew anderson snotling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:16:49 CET 2011

Thanks for the reply.

As for normalizing the data, I had the suspicion that is what was going on,
so thank you for clarifying it. I started to look at the link you posted and
will go over it more in detail.  It will help out.  I can easily see how a
CDP's result will be different then an actual outage doing it the way I have
it setup.

I'll take a look at count.  Seems to be a nicer way of doing this, but will
take me some time to get it set up.
The ultimate goal in what I am doing is to show a graph of the response
time, with our SLA times marked.  With outages in and out of SLA times
(which is what I have setup now).  The next step will be to figure out the
total SLA availability and total avilability of the service that I am
monitoring.  I was hoping to use the flags for this, realizing that it is
not a true measure of uptime.  Checking every 5 mins, can show a 10 min
outage, even though it was only down for the moment it took to do the check.

Again, thanks for your time.

-mathew