[rrd-users] RRDTOOL Good with step 300, Bad with step 600

xajepa angles at hotmail.fr
Mon Mar 14 08:37:58 CET 2011

thanks, thanks, thanks

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:38:39 -0800
From: ml-node+6162953-1078388733-324630 at n2.nabble.com
To: angles at hotmail.fr
Subject: Re: RRDTOOL Good with step 300, Bad with step 600

xajepa wrote:

>If I chose a step 600 (not equal to 300), it is bad :
>Bad Code :
>rrdtool create  ${FICRRD}.rrd --step 600 --start 978303900
>DS:b600:GAUGE:600:0:U \
>           RRA:AVERAGE:0:1:3
>  rrdtool update  ${FICRRD}.rrd \
>           978304500:2 \
>           978305100:1 \
>           978305700:4

978304500 is not an integer multiple of 600 - therefore your data it
normalised into buckets that start/end on times that are.

http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/
See "Rates, normalizing and consolidating"

--
Simon Hobson

To unsubscribe from RRDTOOL Good with step 300, Bad with step 600, click here.